-
January 25th, 2003, 12:57 PM
#3
HB Forum Moderator
I wish you guys could see it first.
I checked out one of the reviews, and the person reviewing complained that a certain aspect of the movie was not clearly drawn out.
This person must have fallen asleep.
They must have gone for popcorn because one of the appeals of the movie is the scene where James Spader explains to the young girl why she "cuts".
Wow.
Check, your local movie guides, the movie just might be playing near you.
The only thing I knew about the movie was the brief synopsis I read just before seeing it which I will share with you.
The Secretary
104 minutes - rated R
One of the best American indie films of last year (2002) is the extremely original, funny and sexy SECRETARY, a workplace comedy like no other. The story is simplicity itself. Maggie Gyllenhall plays Lee, a troubled girl just released from a mental institution and eager to get a job and escape her vacuous suburban family. She applies for a secretarial position at the office of a mysterious lawyer, E. Edward Gorey (James Spader).
At first the work seems quite normal but soon, in between typing, filing and coffee-making, Lee and Mr. Grey embark on a more personal relationship together, crossing lines of conduct that would give any human resources director the vapors.
(I love that part about the vapors)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks